Wednesday 27 August 2014

My ultimate oldhammer moment

Orlygg at realm of chaos '80s has thrown down the gauntlet - name your ultimate oldhammer moment. After thinking about it for a couple of minutes it was obvious for me - finding out that there are a bunch of people around the world who share a love of '80s wargaming with all that entails. For me that is a love of well painted minis, a RPG type approach to mini games and not taking things too seriously. It is the latter that really is the reason I moved away from playing GW stuff since the early '90s as I found that the focus was too much on competitive gaming. Winning is great but having fun is more important to me. I guess that is why I love a game like Dungeonquest. Ditto for games like Rogue Trooper, Judge Dredd and Curse of the Mummy's Tomb.

Anyway I can't leave you without a pic of some minis. Here are some Zoats I painted over 20 years of collecting. Yep that is right - 20 years. The two on the left I purchased in 1990 at Milsims in Melbourne and I painted them shortly afterwards (I re-did the bases recently). The other three were purchased on eBay in the '00s and painted not long after. The most recent is the mage who I would have painted a couple of years back.



Still working on the final touches for my WFB test game - looking like I'll be able to run it next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment