Been some time since I posted here - whilst I haven't posted for a number of months I have been busy. One thing I have been working on is some slann for the "Oldhammer in the New World" facebook group's painting challenge. Basically the challenge is to paint up 1000 points worth of figures for a warhammer fantasy battle army that would fit into the 3rd or 4th edition rules. Also note that one has to paint 200 points worth of figures each month over a six month period with a free painting month (or mulligan as it is referred to). I picked slann as I have enough of them and I thought they would be fun to paint. Well they are and this is what I've completed to date:
I did a few pygmies in December as the only slann figure I did that month was a wizard on a cold one - I thought that was a tad too easy (over 200 points in one cavalry figure!) so I did the 4 pygmies too. Will put up some additional posts over the coming weeks with the other stuff I've finished since my last post.
Thursday, 24 August 2017
Three of these fit into armies I'm putting together for WFB and Kings of War. The last figure is a ghoul from the judge dread range. The dwarf is a chaos dwarf by Bob Olley when he was sculpting for Essex Miniatures. Brilliant figures which scale wise match the iron claw dwarves he did for Citadel.
Friday, 18 August 2017
The title summarises what have been working on of late - basically because I got bored of humans so I switched to another project. And I have been switching a bit which I will show in my next post as I've been working on other projects the last week! Anyway here are the chaos and undead figures I've finished off over the past 3 weeks:
Saturday, 29 July 2017
Monday, 10 July 2017
As the title suggests my latest work involves repainting some marauder dark elves I bought off a fellow collector on Facebook. The paint job on the figures was pretty decent so I decided not to strip these but to repaint them using the colour scheme the previous owner used as a guide. In the end I painted over the figures entirely but I have to give credit to the previous owner as the colour schemes I used are close to the original paint jobs. The bases on two of the figures are pretty much as I got them whilst I redid one of them as I damaged the snow when trimming mould lines off the figure. Anyway here they are:
Monday, 3 July 2017
Been a while since I've posted but I have been busy. If you are a member of the oldhammer facebook group you would have seen what I have been doing as I've posted some pics there. But that doesn't mean I should ignore this blog...so on that note here are the human figures I've finished over the last month for my bretonnian army